Historic monument located in the metropolitan area of Tenerife
The project for the theatre was drawn up in 1849 by Manuel de Oraá in a classic-romance style and was built on the site of the old convent of Santa Domingo. This convent had been in existence until 1835, date of the Mendizábal Confiscation, during the reign of Isabel II. Although the theatre was inaugurated in 1851 it was only given its current name in 1925, in honour of the great dramatist from Tenerife, Angel Guimerá, who died in Barcelona in 1924. It was recently restored and inside it is decorated with gold leaf. The ceiling is painted with frescos by Angel Romero, an artist from Tenerife.
Plaza Isla de la Madera s/n, 38003 Santa Cruz de Tenerife