Whale watching tour
Water sport without any level of difficulty
Tenerife is a unique destination and there is a 95% chance of going out on any one of these tours throughout the year and being able to see some of whales or dolphins described.
There is a tour for everyone. Many companies offer whale and dolphin watching excursions, with varying prices and timetables available through the year.
- General sea tours take up to 5 hours long depending on the size of the boat. They usually travel along the south coast of Tenerife and sometimes include one or two stops at various coastal towns, either for general site-seeing, swimming or food and beverages.
- Popular whale watching tours last anything from 2 to 3 hours (again depending on the size of the boat) and usually end with a swim in the creek. Food is sometimes also offered as part of the trip before returning to the port.
- Specific whale watching tours normally last between 1 to 2 hours, with the sole aim of seeing these creature living in the wild and therefore do not include any other activity.
- Exclusive whale watching tours for families or groups, including celebrations.
Every tour is different. We will never see the same thing no matter how many whale watching trips we join. The behaviour varies from one species to another and also depends on the moment of the day, the conditions of the sea, available food, etc...a long list of factors that are beyond the spectators’ control. The following types of behaviour can be enjoyed:
- Mammals shooting water from blowholes
Puerto Colón, in Costa Adeje
Puerto de Los Cristianos, in Arona
Puerto de Los Gigantes, in Santiago del Teide