In Tenerife, we have one of the best marine ecosystems for surfing as well as the perfect sea and wave conditions ; one of the best volcanic reefs in the world.
Several beaches in the north and south of the island, such as Punta Blanca or El Socorro, are leading surfing venues. If you have never tried getting on a board and sliding over the sea, there are a number of schools awaiting you. In two days, you‘ll be a prince and, in four, a king.
Impossible waves and an incomparable climate attract hundreds of surfing enthusiasts a day. Tenerife is a unique destination for the European surfing community and accumulates right- and left-breaking waves, peaks and tubes that are accessible both in summer and in winter, thanks to the superb climate.
A good example is the fact that several rounds of the professional circuit are held here, which means that the best surfers in the world are regularly seen on the Island.
- Igueste de San Andrés, in the district of Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- La Caleta de Interián, in the district of Garachico
- Almáciga beach , in the district of Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- El Socorro beach , in the district of Los Realejos
- Las Américas beach , in the district of Arona
- Alcalá beach , in the district of Guía de Isora
- Los Patos beach, in the district of La Orotava
- Punta del Hidalgo , in the district of La Laguna
- Jardín and Martiánez beaches, in the district of Puerto de la Cruz
Federación Canaria de Surf
Calendario de la Federación Canaria de Surf