If you are looking for a cool and casual atmosphere but with good taste, if you like good food and local products but with the personality of a chef. Look no further. Your restaurant in Puerto de la Cruz is called BLANCO BAR Restaurant. A young team , but well prepared and whose professionalism is not questionable are going to make you say ” I’ve made the right choice!”.
The place is relaxing and welcoming. Forget about everything and enjoy BLANCO Bar Restaurant gastroexperience.
I invite you know about this place through a tasting menu. Are you ready? to the table!
In a private area we were received with a glass of cava and different breads were offered to choose to spread a square of butter flavored with curry, salt and pepper
José Luis Santana, The sommelier, filled our cups with a white Zanata Marmajuelo wine with notes of champagne and tropical aromas of pineapple and grapefruit to go with starters and first dishes:
- little bamboo boat with shrimps and
- a great salad with sea bass marinated with orange, lemon, oregano and red pepper with crispy toasted corn and cherry tomatoes which gave not only a crunchy touch but evoked our childhood.
- Unbeatable Iberian ham croquettes whose image does not do justice to the taste.
The next dish that was brought by Flor, whose attention is always sealed with a smile, was a great
- sea bass with rocket and toasted almond in slices with mashed potatoes. Divine.
Before dessert, Diana Marcelino, Chef of the Restaurant, recommended a meat dish:
- pork sirloin on a bed of baby spinach and bacon, all just at the right point accompanied by a sauce of old mustard.This dish was served with a young red wine from Bodegas Monje: Hollera Monje carbonic maceration
To end , a Red award-winning Wine from Contiempo winnery to match with the dessert , a spectacular “Quesillo”.
The Price for a tasting menu at BLANCO BAR Restaurant in Puerto de la Cruz is :
- with wine: € 32
- without wine: € 27
warnning: if you come…you’ll be back !