Until the end of July 2013 there is a great Tapas route going on in Santa Cruz de Tenerife called Soho Tapas Route.
Tasca El Callejón is taking part in this gastro challenge with a great tapa and I also got the full recipe by Chef Sebastián Morales, “Chano”, so let’s get all the ingredients to make it at home.
Meatballs with goat cheese recipe
- Yearly calf minced meat – 1 kg
- onion – 1
- garlic – 2 tsp
- cumin powder- 2tsp ( depending on your taste)
- mustard – like the one you use for hot-dogs
- black pepper powder
- eggs – 2
Goat cheese sauce ingredients:
- cream – 1/2 l
- grated mature goat cheese – 1/2 l
- Black pepper in powder
- oregano – 200gr.
- In a pan with olive oil we stirfry the onion, garlic and other spices, once done we mix it with the minced meat and we wait till it’s cold enough.
- Add 2 eggs and the mustard, then mix it with your hands.
- Make the meatballs and roll them with breadcrumbs and fry.
Goat Cheese sauce preparation:
- Boil the cream and reserve.
- Add the cheese and spices.
- Mix well.
You can present the dish as in the picture . Have a cool Tinto de Verano with it. But if you order this tapa you can also have a glass of beer of house wine during the SOHO tapas route for as little as 2,5o€