Getting around Tenerife by bus
Canarian people call buses "guaguas." The bus service on Tenerife is run by the company TITSA and covers every corner of the island. They operate a modern fleet of bright green buses. You can either pay for each individual trip or buy a "bono-bus" (bus pass) for 12 or 30 euros. These passes can be used on every route, can be shared between several people and save about 50 percent on the price of a ticket.
You can buy a "bono-bus" (bus pass) in any TITSA bus station (not in the bus itself). They are also sold in many newsagents or other shops showing a TITSA sticker. If you don't have enough credit on your bus pass for the last trip, you can pay the difference in cash but not with another pass.
Fares for typical journeys:
- Puerto de la Cruz - Santa Cruz de Tenerife: 5 euros (3,30 euros with bus pass)
- Puerto de la Cruz - Aeropuerto Tenerife Sur: 13 euros (9,20 euros with bus pass)
- Puerto de la Cruz- Playa de las Américas: 13,90 euros (9,15 euros with bus pass)
- Puerto de la Cruz - Parque Nacional del Teide: 5,90 euros (Parador de Turismo)
- Playa de las Américas - Santa Cruz de Tenerife: 9 euros (5,95 euros with bus pass)