This is the municipality's main parish church and is considered the best piece of Baroque architecture in the Canary Islands. It began to be built in 1498 and was later extended. The structure suffered considerable damage due to the seismic shifts caused by the eruption in 1706 and was it therefore rebuilt in 1767 exactly as we see it today, largely thanks to the contributions made by the wealthier echelons of society and even the Spanish Crown. In 1948, the Church of La Concepción in La Orotava was declared a National Historic Monument. The Baroque façade features elaborate stonework, whilst the inside of the building preserves its Neo-classical style with a structure divided into three naves. The main chapel is presided over by a Genoese tabernacle made of marble and jasper, which was designed by Giuseppe Gaggini in 1823. Other works of art include religious statues by the local sculptor Fernando Estévez and a significant array of Sacred Art.