THE CHURCH OF LA VICTORIA - Places of interest - Tenerife

The Church of La Victoria

The Church of La Victoria
cerrar
Send page by mail
Completa el captcha

The church was built in 1573 at the behest of Alonso Fernández de Lugo and is considered an Asset of Cultural Interest. Inside, its coffered ceilings are elaborately decorated and there is an Italian-inspired image of Nuestra Señora de los Ángeles dating from the late 16th century, together with paintings and precious metalwork from before the 1800s. The pine tree that stands at the back of the chapel is hundreds of years old and bore witness to the battle that gave the municipality its name (The Victory). The tree was used as the bell tower during the first official service that was held here after the battle.

cerrar
How to get to:

The Church of La Victoria

Del Pino, 1, 38380 La Victoria de Acentejo

Open in Google Maps
Contact

The Church of La Victoria

Del Pino, 1, 38380 La Victoria de Acentejo