To shoot on any road in Tenerife two permissions must be requested at the same time from the owner, Cabildo de Tenerife, and the Traffic Authority [Dirección General de Tráfico (DGT)], in charge of road safety.
a) For the Cabildo you must fill in the form "Solicitud permiso carreteras Cabildo” and hand it in at the registro along with the information below. Please, download the form and find complete instructions at this link:
1) Hand in the request using the standard form (link).
2) Receipt for payment of the fees of 120€ for film shooting.
3) Report on the action, indicating:
If you have any queries, please e-mail email@example.com or call 922 445 808.
- Date, times and maximum duration of the expected occupation.
- Identification of the road(s) using their official names together with the sections to be occupied (Kilometre point of start and end).
- Need for additional spaces to be occupied during the shooting (if applicable).
- Definition of the provisional signposting, marking and traffic cones to be used at each node (junction, intersection, connection, access point, …) which is affected.
- Evidence of the taking out of civil liability and accident insurance which will pay compensation to third parties, as well as the provision of a guarantee to answer for the possible damage which might be caused to the public domain.
- National Identity Document, Passport, Residence Card or Fiscal Identification Code of the promoter. It is advisable to supply a photocopy if the application is filled in by hand on the standard form.
To apply for a permit from the Traffic Authority (Dirección General de Tráfico), please fill in the form “Solicitud permiso tráfico” and, if needed, the “annex” form and either e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to +34 922 23 17 12. You can also hand it in at this office Jefatura Provincial de Tráfico. The same information provided to the Cabildo must be attached, except for the fee which, in this case, is number 1.4 (around 20 €) and can be paid on-line using an Electronic ID Card (DNI), or at the bank cash desk (by card) or by paying in the amount at a bank. If you have any queries, please call the Jefatura Provincial de Tráfico de Santa Cruz de Tenerife on +34 922 22 78 40.
If it is planned that the filming takes place on a road located in the Teide National Park, it is obligatory to request permission also to the direction of the park.