La Arena Beach
This beach is extremely popular with tourists and locals alike. The peaceful surroundings and calm waves make it ideal for the whole family. Moreover, it has been flying a Blue Flag for 27 years, which guarantees the exceptional quality of its services and water conditions.
Treat yourself to a swim in its clear waters and a stroll along the sea front. The beach is located in Puerto de Santiago (in Santiago del Teide) and boasts a number of tourist establishments and restaurants where you can try some typical Canarian cuisine.
If you are a fan of scuba diving, this is one of the Island's most famous spots. A range of diving clubs choose this beach for their excursions thanks to the wealth of life on its ocean floors.
When you visit this beach, you won't want to miss the daily spectacle created by the bright colours of the sun setting over the island of La Gomera.
- Location: Puerto Santiago, Santiago del Teide.
- Length: 140 m (460 ft).
- Width: 40 m (130 ft).
- Composition: Black sand.
- Means of access: On foot (easy) or by car.
- Disabled access: Yes.
- Type of beach: Urban.
- Amenities: Toilets, foot showers, showers, waste bins, municipal cleaning service, tourist information, public phones, bars and restaurants, sun loungers and parasols for hire, and a scuba diving area.
- Parking facilities: Yes.
- Bus service: Yes (inter-city).
- Coordinates: 28º 13' 46.954'' N 16º 50' 27.719'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 319 353.00 Y: 3 124 022.00 H:28.