This is the perfect place to completely immerse yourself in the traditions of the town of Punta del Hidalgo in San Cristóbal de la Laguna. El Arenisco and the adjacent natural rock swimming pool are a popular meeting point for local families at weekends.
The beach is made of rocks and black sand, where tongues of magma from various eruptions disappear into the sea forming pools and unusual shapes. The promenade is full of restaurants where you can taste some of the Island's typical dishes, especially fresh fish and shellfish.
On a clear day, you will sea El Teide rising in the background of a dreamy sunset.
- Location: Punta del Hidalgo, San Cristóbal de La Laguna.
- Length: 80 m (260 ft).
- Width: 10 m (30 ft).
- Composition: Shingle and pebbles.
- Means of access: On foot (easy) or by car.
- Disabled access: Yes.
- Type of beach: Urban.
- Amenities: Toilets, waste bins, municipal cleaning service, public phones, bars and restaurants.
- Parking facilities: Yes.
- Bus service: Yes (inter-city).
- Coordinates: 28° 34' 14.55'' N 16° 19' 59.18'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 369 616.33 Y: 3 161 150.69 H:28.