Hospiten Rambla opened in 1995. It offers high-technology facilities and equipment as well as leading-edge specialties such as heart surgery, neurosurgery, cardiology and interventional angiology, and others which are relatively new such as minimally-invasive surgery. The centre also has ninety-one patient beds, five operating theatres and a delivery room, neonatology, an Intensive Care Unit, medical high technology (magnetic resonance), nuclear medicine, outpatient clinics, bio-pathology laboratory, helical volumetric scanner, radiology and hemodynamic unit.
Hospiten Group is an international medical and hospital network with over fifty years' experience. It consists of twenty medical hospital in a number of countries, of which four are on the island of Tenerife: two in Puerto de la Cruz, one in Playa de las Américas and another in the capital of the island, Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
All the hospitals, which are at the highest European level, are equipped with advanced technology and employ the most prestigious health professionals with a human team made up of over 5,000 persons.
Hospiten holds a number of the strictest quality and environmental standards in Europe: ISO 9001 and ISO 14.001, as well as the EFQM 500+ seal for European Excellence.
Hospiten has multilingual staff who are especially trained to look after international patients and offers health care in all the holiday areas of Tenerife, with medical service and home or hotel visits 24 hours a day.
Apart from its excellent services, including A&E, hospitalisation, surgery, laboratory and radio-diagnosis, those of interventional cardiology, minimally-invasive heart surgery, endovascular/endoluminal diagnosis and therapy are also outstanding.
Hospiten Group offers innovative treatments–many on an outpatient basis-, with every guarantee and the safety of a hospital environment:
• Comprehensive medical check-up
• Cardiovascular sports check-up / gait analysis / plasma rich in growth factors (for sportsmen and women).
• Stem cells applied to the treatment of injuries in the locomotive apparatus.
• Paediatric cardiovascular screening: aimed at children of over six years of age who habitually take part in sports.
• Ophthalmology: Lasik, surgery for long sightedness, of the retina, intra-ocular lenses, etc.
• Urology: Green laser.
• Plastic surgery, beauty and reparatory treatments
• Dermo-aesthetics and cutaneous laser, with laser hair removal, vascular laser and photo-rejuvenation treatment.
• Aesthetic dermatology and cutaneous laser therapy
• Dentistry: implants, orthodontics and dental aesthetics
• Ozone therapy