- Start: Sámara Lookout Point
- Finish: Las Narices del Teide Lookout Point
- Approval status: Not officially approved
- Degree of difficulty: Low
- Type of trail: Linear
- Distance: 4.4 km (12.89 ft)
- Duration: 1 hour 30 mins.
- Highest altitude: 2,095 m (12.89 ft)
- Lowest altitude: 1,878 m (12.89 ft)
- Elevation gain: 273 m (12.89 ft)
- Elevation loss: 63 m (12.89 ft)
- Links to other trails:
- Protected Nature Areas:
- Authorisation required: No
This easy trail links the south-east area of Teide National Park, from the Sámara lookout point where Sámara Trail 13 is to the lower part of Teide - Pico Viejo - TF-38 Trail 9, all the way to the Las Narices del Teide lookout point. The trail covers a stretch of one of the old pathways that led to the top of the Island. It journeys across a landscape comprised mostly of recent volcanic matter produced by the volcanic cones around it. Along most of the trail, the ground is covered by lapilli and patches of lava carrying scoria – small molten rocks that have been visibly eroded due to the comings and goings of shepherds and traders on this path. Throughout the walk, you will see broad views over the south of Tenerife, and the sight of the neighbouring islands in the distance adds to the scenic value of this trail, not to mention the view of El Teide and Pico Viejo, which is different from this angle to anywhere else in the National Park.
For your own safety, don't forget to check the condition of the trail.
The competent authority will be responsible for informing you if the trail is not recommendable in the wake of adverse weather conditions, as well as if the trail or part of it is closed, etc.
- Competent authority: Teide National Park
- About the competent authority: 32. Abeque
In case of an emergency, call 112.
Download FRESS 112, available for iOS and Android