- Start: At the link to the PR-TF 83.1 (La Abejera)
- Finish: At the square by the chapel of Las Vegas
- Approval status:
- Degree of difficulty: Intermediate
- Type of trail: Linear
- Distance: 8.4 km (12.89 ft)
- Duration: 3 hours 15 mins.
- Highest altitude: 1,197 m (12.89 ft)
- Lowest altitude: 612 m (12.89 ft)
- Elevation gain: 224 m (12.89 ft)
- Elevation loss: 800 m (12.89 ft)
- Links to other trails:
- Protected Nature Areas:
- Authorisation required: No
The trail leads you into the hillside landscape of Granadilla de Abona, all the way from La Abejera, at km point 5.4 of the PR-TF 83.1 trail, to the hamlet of Las Vegas, past the area of Los Hibrones and the hamlet of La Higuera. The trail crosses small ravines, basins and ridges which, once upon a time, were used as farmland but today are overgrown with bushes and Canarian pine trees. Around the hamlet of Las Vegas, you will see a surprising number of wild fig and almond trees growing amidst the autochthonous vegetation, creating rich and varied greenery. Along the way there is a whole range of ethnographic features: traditional country houses, cave houses, tile ovens, fruit ovens, fruit drying areas, threshing fields, old water systems and stone pathways, taking you back to the traditional way of life and culture that defined this rural area. Part of the trail follows the Royal Pathway that linked Granadilla from Las Vegas to La Higuera, while the other part journeys along the paths that led to the peaks. These old pathways were used for seasonal migrations and forest exploitation.
For your own safety, don't forget to check the condition of the trail.
The competent authority will be responsible for informing you if the trail is not recommendable in the wake of adverse weather conditions, as well as if the trail or part of it is closed, etc.
- Competent authority: Chasna - Isora
- About the competent authority: PR-TF 83.5 Los Hibrones - Las Vegas
In case of an emergency, call 112.
Download FRESS 112, available for iOS and Android