- Start: Llano de Los Rastrojos
- Finish: Montaña de Los Conejos
- Approval status: Not officially approved
- Degree of difficulty: Intermediate
- Type of trail: Linear
- Distance: 4.8 km (12.89 ft)
- Duration: 1 hour 30 mins.
- Highest altitude: 2,485 m (12.89 ft)
- Lowest altitude: 2,047 m (12.89 ft)
- Elevation gain: 443 m (12.89 ft)
- Elevation loss: 34.8 m (12.89 ft)
- Links to other trails:
- Protected Nature Areas:
- Authorisation required: No
This easy hike links the upper part of the Valley of La Orotava to Montaña Blanca. Despite the difference in altitude, the slope is only slightly steep at the top. The ground is mostly made of pumice stones that have been compacted, making it relatively easy to walk on. The trail starts at the crossroads with La Fortaleza Trail 1 and Recibo Quemado Trail 25 from the Valley of La Orotava, shortly before reaching Llano de Los Guancheros. It then moves slowly away from the precipitous walls of El Cabezón de Tigaiga and La Fortaleza as it climbs up to Montaña Blanca. This trail is connected to Montaña de Los Tomillos Trail 6, very near to Trail 7 which travels up towards the top of Montaña Blanca and El Teide. Broom bushes are the dominant form of vegetation growing all along the trail, together with a few other species such as flixweed.
For your own safety, don't forget to check the condition of the trail.
The competent authority will be responsible for informing you if the trail is not recommendable in the wake of adverse weather conditions, as well as if the trail or part of it is closed, etc.
- Competent authority: Teide National Park
- About the competent authority: 22. Lomo Hurtado
In case of an emergency, call 112.
Download FRESS 112, available for iOS and Android