Dinning at Restaurant Rincón de Juan Carlos in Los Gigantes is more than an ultimate pleasure for me as it’s in the very top of my favourite restaurants in Tenerife list. If I’m told there’s a new tasting menu, then , pleasure multiplies.
Since I knew about the new autum-winter 2013 tasting menu, Restaurante Rincón de Juan Carlos became an obsesion but fortunately shared with great friends to book a table with.
we arrived sharp on time to find out the restaurant had been redecorated. I liked it. ” Juan Carlos wants the star ( michellin one)” – I thought, he confirmed it later . Not surprised, he deserves it.
Autum – winter 2013 El Rincon de Juan Carlos tasting menu
welcomed by a great glass of pink cava, picual olive oil and garlic and basil bread, my gastro adventure began.
Excited to try the new menu, dishes started to arrive to our table:
- Picled tomatoes in garnacha vinegar and mint served in a funny mason glass, like those we use at home when we make jams
- Toasted chicken coca with smoked eel and teriyaki mayonaise and dried raspberry. Quite interesting and probably my favourite.
- Gillardeau oysters with leechees vinegar, Persé caviar and mint came with Fruity white Albariño wine, with citric notes.Really fresh
- Black pork neck with French truffle, mustard sprouts and truffles’ oil, with a hidden touch of salt and the fabulous parfume that goes with this elegant bite.
- Flamed Lobster and green beans
- Goat meat dumplin with goat’s stock made without flour.
- Mussels a la marinera with coconut and coriander sauce
- San Pedro Fish with olive oil emulsion and herring roes
- Rus-Al-Hanout Lamb with cardamom, coriander and ginger as last dish before dessert
- Passion fruit parfait
- Iced orange with cardamom icecream
To sum up, El Rincon de Juan Carlos, exclusive dishes at an amazing affordable price
Reservations: email@example.com or 922868040
Note: Pictures have all rights reserved and belong to Jack Montgomery , writer and editor in Buzztrips among other digital publications