The firm provides advice in all legal areas of businesses, with a particular emphasis on its employment and tax departments for the audio-visual sector.
In the area of employment law, Garrigues is recognised in the international market and its clients highly rate it in the leading league tables and directories, and it is the number one ranked law firm in all the editions of Chambers Europe and Legal 500 and “Highly commended” in the European Legal Innovations Awards of the Financial Times, for its technological advice and commitment.
Garrigues provides the following services from its employment department:
- Comprehensive advice (legal and procedural strategy):
- Employment contracts and special conditions, with particular emphasis on the special employment relationship of artists and technical and auxiliary staff
- Contracts and sub-contracts
- Senior management
- Remuneration and compensation system
- Design of internal policies, plans and protocols: equality and diversity, digital gap, training, trade secrets, etc.
- Internal flexibility and geographical mobility
- Social Security
- Defence and representation in litigation and Labour Audits.
- Collective bargaining.
- Equality and diversity plans, policies and measures.
- Business re-structurings.
At a tax level, Garrigues has been recognised as the most innovative Iberian firm in the European report “Financial Times Innovative Lawyers, 2021”; number one in tax law in all the editions of World Tax, Chambers Europe and Legal 500. In Spain, the Tax Department has won all the editions of the Expansión legal awards in this area of expertise. It is ranked among the best firms on transfer pricing in Spain (World Transfer Pricing 2021), International Tax Firm of the Year in the Americas (International Tax Review – American Tax Awards 2020), Best tax firm in Spain (Chambers Spain Awards 2019), Best tax firm in Spain and Portugal (International Tax Review 2019).The firm has extensive experience in all matters relating to comprehensive tax advice, the Economic and Tax Regime of the Canary Islands (REF) and tax breaks related to the Media & Entertainment sector, helping identify the tax implications stemming from its structure and operations on the one hand, and on the other, to obtaining a general overview of their impact on the business as a whole, in addition to the following aspects:
- Identification of tax breaks related to audio-visual productions.
- Revision of tax clauses (or those with potential tax implications) contained in contracts through which the project is structured.
- Tax advice in relation to the entry of investors and future investors in audio-visual productions.
Garrigues has provided employment advisory services to Atresmedia and Videoreport Canarias, along with many producers in our country, who have relied on us for their projects.