The island on wheels
To shoot on any road in Tenerife two permissions must be requested at the same time from the owner, Cabildo de Tenerife, and the Traffic Authority [Dirección General de Tráfico (DGT)], in charge of road safety.
a) For the Cabildo you must fill in the form "Solicitud permiso carreteras Cabildo” and hand it in at the registro along with the information below. Please, download the form and find complete instructions at this link:
1) Hand in the request using the standard form (link).
2) Receipt for payment of the fees of 120€ for film shooting.
3) Report on the action, indicating:
- Date, times and maximum duration of the expected occupation.
- Identification of the road(s) using their official names together with the sections to be occupied (Kilometre point of start and end).
- Need for additional spaces to be occupied during the shooting (if applicable).
- Definition of the provisional signposting, marking and traffic cones to be used at each node (junction, intersection, connection, access point, …) which is affected.
- Evidence of the taking out of civil liability and accident insurance which will pay compensation to third parties, as well as the provision of a guarantee to answer for the possible damage which might be caused to the public domain.
- National Identity Document, Passport, Residence Card or Fiscal Identification Code of the promoter. It is advisable to supply a photocopy if the application is filled in by hand on the standard form.
To submit additional documentation after requesting the corresponding filming permit, use the request for “Submission of documents…”, addressed to the Administrative Highways and Landscape Service, by clicking on this link .
By doing so, you will avoid paying additional fees each time you submit additional documentation.
If you have any queries, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 922 445 808.
B) Request to the Directorate-General of Traffic which you can directly access by clicking on this link.
You must submit:
1. Application, duly filled in (dates, times, highways, road occupation, etc.)
2. Payment fee of 1.4 (around €20)
3. In the case of a company, the payment of the fee should be settled through the electronic office of the DGT at the following address https://sedeclave.dgt.gob.es/WEB_Tasas7/
4. In the case of an individual, payment may also be settled via the electronic office or by a bank deposit, whereby you should submit the form “copy for the administration”, signed and with the receipt of having settled the payment, all through the electronic register or personally at the office.
5. Descriptive report of the occupation of the road or highway, stating the human and material means, highway(s), kilometre points, type and duration of the shoot, etc.
6. The person signing the application must also provide identification, along with the document of representation to complete the procedure on behalf of the applicant company.
The submission to the Directorate-General of Traffic on all the above can be performed via the electronic register or by email to Road Safety (the receipt of payment of the fee cannot by presented via this means): email@example.com
Should you have any doubts or queries, please call 922 22 78 40 extension 473828 or 473834.
If it is planned that the filming takes place on a road located in the Teide National Park, it is obligatory to request permission also to the direction of the park.