Tenerife is the universal capital of Barraquito. A tipe of coffee that has tones of loyal fans and , sorry for you, but you can’t get it at Starbucks. So, if you want a barraquito you have to come to Tenerife.
How do I prepare a barraquito?
Keep reading as we are sharing the recipe, but don’t forget, as with many other things, there are no two that would taste the same.
- Coffee ( espresso is the best)
- Condensed Milk
- Ground Cinnamon
- A bit of lemon peel without the white to avoid a bitter taste
- Licor 43, or Tia María if you can’t find it.
- Barraquito preparation:
- In a small and short bube glass we pour the condensed milk
- add the black coffee and Licor 43
- we make milk foamy. At any café they’ll do it with the coffee machine.
- Add the lemon peel
- decor with some cinamon on top
So there you have a great Barraquito with diferent colours:
Let’s say this is the regular way to prepare and serve a barraquito, but in many places they make their own variety called ” Special House barraquito”, normaly by adding cream , spices, etc.
No matter what, if you come to Tenerife , try a Barraquito!