Teide National Park

A stage at your level

To carry out professional and commercial film, television, video and photographic activities in the Teide National Park authorisation must first be obtained from the park authorities. This film permit must be applied for in writing a minimum of one month before filming starts. 

The application is made online via a procedure called ‘Autorización de actividades profesionales y comerciales de cinematografía, televisión, vídeo y fotografía en el Parque Nacional del Teide’. The following documents must also be uploaded:

  1. Application form for activities at Teide National Park: Modelo Solicitud 2024. Please fill out all the fields and sign it.
  2. Shooting schedule
  3. A document certifying the contractual relationship of the parties involved – (that is, a private contract between your production company and the local production services company)
  4. Public liability insurance
  5. If your crew is 50+, you’d also need to add a document that includes the following information.

You can also register your application in person at the National Park’s office: Administración del Parque Nacional del Teide (C/ Doctor Sixto Perera González, 25 - 38300- El Mayorazgo. La Orotava) or at the network of the Cabildo's registration offices. In this case, in addition to the application properly filled in and signed, you also need to add a photocopy of the ID, passport or resident card of the person applying for the permit.

If you have any queries please write to pnteide@tenerife.es or call +34 922 922 371. We recommend you send an email to pnteide@tenerife.es after you have applied online to let them know you have sent them an application.

If your public liability insurance does not cover the deposit estimated by Teide National Park (between 300 and 6,000 €), you would need to take a further step called "Alta a Terceros" at the Cabildo Insular de Tenerife. This enables you to make the deposit determined by Teide National Park. This deposit will be returned once the activity you applied for is finished and provided that no damage has been caused to this Natural Protected Area.

In order to facilitate the dealings for both the permit and the security, we recommend production companies from outside the island contact a local production company which is already registered for dealings with the public administration (“alta a terceros”), which will facilitate the process of selection of locations and the payment of the security itself.

Procedure for payment of the security

As you will also be informed by the Mount Teide National Park, once the activity has been authorised, in order to pay the security, it will be necessary to register for dealings with the authorities (“alta a terceros”) at the Tenerife Cabildo in Santa Cruz.

In order to carry out the dealings, the procedure differs according to whether the production company is Spanish or foreign:

  • If the production company is Spanish, you must download the file “Formulario alta a terceros” which you will find at the end of this text. Click here and you will find the instructions for filling it in.
  • For any questions related with the procedure of “alta a terceros”, you can ring the Cabildo information number, 901 501 901.

    We inform you that the necessary basic documentation that you will have to attach for the “alta a terceros” is as follows:

    If you are an individual (original and copy):

  • Certified copy of your National Identity Document, Foreign Citizen Identification Number or Passport
  • Your bank details filled in and stamped by the bank including the signature of the legal representative
  • If it is a legal entity (original and copy):

  • Certified copy of the Fiscal Identification Code and National Identity Document of the representative.
  • Bank details filled in and stamped by the bank, including the signature of the legal representative
  • If the production company is foreign, we would ask you to contact the Tenerife Island Authority (Cabildo) on the above-mentioned telephone number for them to tell you what other documentation you will have to supply in order to get your “alta a terceros”.