Palacio de Nava
A historic monument in Santa Cruz-La Laguna
This meant that it underwent a process of evolution and transformation under the artistic trends of the two centuries it took to complete its refurbishment and extensions.
The main stone body is reminiscent of the Palacio Salazar (now known as the Episcopal Palace) and was built around 1681 by the very same stonemasons.
In the times of the 5th Marquise of Villanueva del Prado, the building housed the well-known Tertulia de Nava, a nucleus of intellectuals who were highly influential during the Enlightenment. The centre of the frontispiece shows the coat of arms of the Marquises of Villanueva del Prado set in stone.