THE HIKER'S CODE:
- Never go for a hike alone and be sure to stick to the signposted footpaths. Show respect for the lifestyle, privacy and property of local residents.
- By keeping your noise levels down, you will discover just how much life there is all around you.
- Take any rubbish with you, including organic waste. This will help preserve the beauty of the scenery and prevent the proliferation of rodents in the area. Take extra care with cigarette butts.
- Removing plants, animals or other elements from the area may deprive it of irreplaceable resources.
- Those in charge of taking caring of these Protected Nature Areas will appreciate you warning them of any incidents you may have noticed. To do so, contact the Environmental Department of the Island Council of Tenerife:
Área de Medio Ambiente del Cabildo Insular de Tenerife
- Tel.: (+34) 922239090
- Email: email@example.com
- Be aware that the Island's countryside is as special as it is unpredictable. Please ensure you enjoy it responsibly and sensibly. Take extra care in nature areas and don't forget that accidents can happen.
- Pay attention to signs.
- Check the weather forecast to make sure the conditions are suitable.
- Wear comfortable and sensible hiking gear and don't forget to take your mobile phone, sun cream, hat, jacket, raincoat, and enough food and water in your bag.
- Let your family or friends know which route you will be taking and bear in mind the number of daylight hours you will need to complete your trip.