El Médano Beach
El Médano is one of the loveliest beaches in southern Tenerife. Whether you're a water sports lover or you're looking to spend a fantastic day with the family, this is the place to be. This beach has the distinction of having been awarded a Blue Flag , which guarantees top quality services and ideal swimming conditions.
El Médano is located in the municipality of Granadilla de Abona, where it stands out for its fine grey sand and the view of the majestic Montaña Roja volcanic cone.
The part nearest to the town has gentler waves, making it more suitable for families. As you get further away along the promenade you will see surf shops, restaurants and cafés buzzing with a very cosmopolitan vibe.
The part furthest from the town is the best place for windsurfing and kitesurfing. This beach has hosted a number of competitions of great international renown such as the World Windsurfing and Kitesurfing Championships.
- Location: El Médano, Granadilla de Abona.
- Length: 750 m (2,460 ft).
- Width: 43 m (141 ft).
- Composition: Sand.
- Means of access: On foot (easy).
- Disabled access: Yes.
- Type of beach: Urban.
- Amenities: Toilets, showers, waste bins, municipal cleaning service, tourist information, public phones, bars and restaurants, sun loungers and parasols for hire, and a windsurfing area.
- Parking facilities: Yes (over 100 spaces).
- Bus service: Yes (inter-city).
- Coordinates: 28° 02' 39.00'' N 16° 32' 19.89'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 348 747.32 Y: 3 103 050.85 H: 28.