Izaña, either north or southbound
Take-off point located in Teide National Park
The take-off point at Izaña is located between kilometre 33 and 34 of the TF-24 road. A popular descent soaring down towards the coast. This is a very special glide because you set off facing Mount Teide. What's more, it is a unique flight because the difference in altitude at the start and finish is one of the biggest in Europe. It starts on the peak of Mount Teide at 2,300 metres (7,500 feet) above sea level. It is extremely important to get an updated weather report before taking flight.Degree of difficulty
- Intermediate (2-3) throughout the day depending on the weather, although it can switch to expert level (5) in a matter of hours.
- Faro Puerto, Puerto de la Cruz.
- An open esplanade by the El Peñón football pitch, Puerto de la Cruz.
- Güímar-La Ladera esplanade.
- Puertito de Güímar beach (only in winter, but strictly prohibited in summer when there are people on the beach).
The conditions at the take-off and landing point may change for various reasons (weather, refurbishment work, etc.), so the best thing to do to make sure you are as safe as possible is to contact the Canary Islands' Paragliding Federation shortly in advance so they can inform you of any last-minute changes or incidents.
Telephone numbers: +34 928400805 / +34 615602329