If you would like to discover one of Puerto de la Cruz's most characteristic beaches, come and visit the beach of Martiánez. This beach, made of black sand and pebbles, boasts all the amenities a tourist destination should have, as well as a specific area devoted to surfing.
If surfing is your thing, you will find an area especially set aside for you to spend hours and hours pursuing your favourite sport. If you prefer a fun swim in the waves, stay in the area closest to the Lago Martiánez complex designed by the artist César Manrique, where the waters are somewhat calmer. Even there, we advise you to take care as it is usually quite choppy.
To round off your day by the sea, take a stroll along the promenade, with its portraitists and caricaturists, as well as a variety of shops and restaurants for you to sample the local gastronomy.
- Location: Puerto de la Cruz.
- Length: 350 m (1,150 ft).
- Width: 40 m (130 ft).
- Composition: Pebbles and black sand.
- Means of access: On foot (easy) or by car.
- Disabled access: Yes.
- Type of beach: Urban.
- Amenities: Waste bins, municipal cleaning service, public telephones, bars and restaurants, and a surf area.
- Parking facilities: Yes.
- Bus service: Yes (urban).
- Coordinates: 28° 25' 9.61'' N 16° 32' 30.74'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 348 980.03 Y: 3 144 623.19 H:28.