El Pris Beach
If you are looking for a genuine Tenerife spot in which to savour some local cuisine, El Pris will win you over. This small fishing village has a little bay of black sand by a natural rock swimming pool. The entire stretch of coast in this municipality has been declared an Asset of Cultural Interest under the Archaeological site category.
El Pris is a privileged location to take in the colours of the sunset with El Teide in the background as you feast on some fresh fish at one of the restaurants there that serve traditional Canarian food.
You can reach this small beach made of black sand and pebbles by car. Be sure to take extra caution with the waves as they are generally quite strong all year round. The area has a number of bars and restaurants, and there are lifeguards working during the summer months.
- Location: El Pris, Tacoronte.
- Length: 170 m (560 ft).
- Width: 15 m (50 ft).
- Composition: Pebbles, shingle and black sand.
- Means of access: On foot (easy) or by car.
- Disabled access: No.
- Type of beach: Urban.
- Amenities: Waste bins, municipal cleaning service, bars and restaurants.
- Parking facilities: Yes (over 50 spaces).
- Bus service: Yes (urban).
- Coordinates: 28° 30' 38,010'' N 16° 25' 15.64'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 360 938.92 Y: 3 154 584.99 H: 28.