These romantic gardens built in 1788 cover an expanse of 4,000 square metres (roughly one acre) and have been classed as an Asset of Cultural Interest since 2008. They stand just behind the Town Hall in La Orotava. They were built at the behest of the 6th Marquise of Villanueva del Prado, Alfonso de Nava y Grimón, and were initially an addition to the Acclimatisation Gardens in La Orotava, which are known as the Botanical Gardens of Puerto de la Cruz. Don't miss a delightful stroll surrounded by its hundreds of different species. These include horse-chestnut trees, flame trees, sapotes, bunya pines and a beautiful dragon tree. Opening hours: 9 am to 2 pm. All year round. Entrance price: Free.