The current town hall building was designed in 1869 after the demolition of the Clarisse convent of San José which stood in that same place before it became too run down. The plan was for the work on the town hall to last no longer than two-and-a-half years, but the construction process dragged on for twenty-five years after it was interrupted due to lack of funds. It was finally completed in 1895, with a Neo-Classical style. Among its most striking features is the tympanum decorated with the town's coat of arms in relief, surrounded by the symbols of agriculture, justice, history and teaching. The square it overlooks is one of the town's most popular meeting points, hosting a number of events and fairs over the year.