The Church of La Victoria
The church was built in 1573 at the behest of Alonso Fernández de Lugo and is considered an Asset of Cultural Interest. Inside, its coffered ceilings are elaborately decorated and there is an Italian-inspired image of Nuestra Señora de los Ángeles dating from the late 16th century, together with paintings and precious metalwork from before the 1800s. The pine tree that stands at the back of the chapel is hundreds of years old and bore witness to the battle that gave the municipality its name (The Victory). The tree was used as the bell tower during the first official service that was held here after the battle.