El socorro Beach
If surfing is your thing, this beach in the north of the Island will rank among your favourites. But even if you're not a wave lover and prefer relaxation and nature, it has that too. El Socorro has been awarded a Blue Flag, which guarantees good quality water and services.
Located in the municipality of Los Realejos, this volcanic sand beach is a wonderful spot for taking in the unbeatable views of the rugged outline of northern Tenerife.
Because its waves break so far away from the shore, surfers and swimmers harmoniously coexist in one place. But whatever your preferences, take extra care with the current and the strong waves if you're not very familiar with the area.
You can access the beach by car along the main North Road (C-820), where a signposted turn-off near the San Pedro lookout point will lead you all the way down to the coast.
- Location: Los Realejos.
- Length: 400 m (1,300 ft).
- Width: 60 m (200 ft).
- Composition: Fine grey sand.
- Means of access: On foot (easy) or by car all the way to the beach.
- Disabled access: Yes.
- Type of beach: Isolated.
- Amenities: Toilets, showers, waste bins, municipal cleaning service, a beach bar, a life rescue post and a surf area.
- Parking facilities: Yes.
- Bus service: Yes (urban).
- Coordinates: 28º 23' 38.2'' N 16º 36' 13.4'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 342 884.00 Y: 3 141 888.00 H: 28.