La Tejita Beach
The perfect place to feel at one with nature. This beach spanning over one kilometre (3,280 ft) in length is located in El Médano, in Granadilla de Abona, by the majestic volcanic cone of Montaña Roja.
The area has been classed as a protected nature area, so you won't be able to get down to the beach by car, but there are parking spaces available by the Médano-Los Abrigos road, where several paths branch off and lead straight to the beach. It only takes a five-minute walk.
Nudists are welcome at the beach.
- Location: Granadilla de Abona.
- Length: 1,000 m (3,280 ft).
- Width: 33 m (110 ft).
- Composition: Black sand.
- Means of access: On foot (easy).
- Disabled access: No.
- Type of beach: Isolated.
- Amenities: Waste bins, municipal cleaning service and sun loungers for hire.
- Parking facilities: Yes (over 100 spaces).
- Bus service: Yes (inter-city).
- Coordinates: 28° 01' 52.60'' N 16° 33' 13.06'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 347 276.95 Y: 3 101 640.37 H: 28.