Montaña Roja Beach
Peace and nature are the two key elements in this small bay beside Montaña Roja, sheltered from the wind and waves. It is worth visiting if only to enjoy the pleasure of swimming in its crystal clear waters surrounded by lovely scenery.
This spectacular spot is reigned over by the Montaña Roja volcano at a height of 171 m (561 ft). The landscape created by the recently formed volcanic cone and the beaches in the area boasts huge scenic value, to the point of being classed as a special Nature Reserve.
Many of the people who come to this beach are nudists because of the privacy offered by its strategic location.
- Location: El Médano, Granadilla de Abona.
- Length: 50 m (165 ft).
- Width: 31 m (101 ft).
- Composition: Pale sand.
- Means of access: On foot.
- Disabled access: No.
- Type of beach: Isolated.
- Amenities: Waste bins and municipal cleaning service.
- Parking facilities: Yes (50-100 spaces).
- Bus service: Yes (urban).
- Coordinates: 28° 02' 06.53'' N 16° 32' 33.17'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 348 371.79 Y: 3 102 055.17 H: 28.