Las Galletas Beach
When you visit the beach of Las Galletas you will be immersed in the traditions and everyday comings and goings of the small fishing village it is named after. This beach combines black sand with pebbles, and the host of little boats bobbing on the waves create a lovely image.
Located roughly 15 km (9.3 miles) from the tourist area of Los Cristianos, Las Galletas is a much more local setting, where you will see fishermen working by the docks and can buy fresh sea food from the fish market.
If water sports are your thing, this beach has a charming marina with all kinds of activities. After a nice swim, you can indulge in some of the varieties of fish and shellfish at the nearby restaurants.
The beach is easy to access by car from the south motorway, where a number of exits lead you to the beach, including the Montaña de Guaza exit or the one near the south airport.
- Location: Arona.
- Length: 420 m (1,380 ft).
- Width: 27 m (88 ft).
- Composition: A combination of pebbles and fine dark sand.
- Means of access: On foot (easy) or by car.
- Disabled access: No.
- Type of beach: Urban.
- Amenities: Toilets, showers, waste bins, municipal cleaning service, tourist information, public phones, bars and restaurants, sun loungers and parasols for hire, boats for hire, yacht club, scuba diving area, lifeguard service in summer (Spanish Red Cross), rescue teams, police security.
- Parking facilities: Yes (50-100 spaces).
- Bus service: Yes (inter-city).
- Coordinates: 28º 00' 31.554'' N 16º 39' 36.438'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 336 773.00 Y: 3 099 284.00 H:28