Palacio Salazar (Episcopal Palace)
The Count of Valle Salazar ordered the construction of this palace in 1681. This two-storey palace has a central gable on the façade, as well as a coat of arms, gargoyles and animal-like figures. Since the 19th century, the building has housed the Bishopric of the Tenerife Diocese and has been declared an Asset of Cultural Interest. A fire in 2006 led it to be rebuilt and refurbished three years later. The chapel is the work of an international ecumenical group directed by Marko Ivan Rupnik. Its Byzantine style central mosaic represents the mystery of Whitsuntide.