The Monastery of San Francisco and Santuario del Cristo
Work on this building began in 1506 thanks to the alms that were collected specially for its construction. Already in the 17th century, the building had a main chapel and four side chapels, all of which was destroyed by a fire in 1810 and it has never quite recovered its original grandeur. The church is classed as a Royal Sanctuary and contains a Flemish sculpture of Santísimo Cristo de La Laguna, which is very popularly worshipped in the Canary Islands. The altar is made of embossed silver.