Plaza del Adelantado
This is one of the most popular squares in the city centre of La Laguna and was named after the Island's conqueror, Adelantado Alonso Fernández de Lugo. Standing around it are buildings of such significance that this became the scene for many a public ceremony from the 16th to the 20th century. Its first paving stones were laid in 1793, and then in 1843 it was fitted with lovely garden areas. Its beautiful fountain made of marble was commissioned from a French workshop and placed in the middle of the square in 1870.