La Arena Beach, Candelaria
The perfect place for a leisurely day enjoying the waves and the sea breeze. Made of black sand and shingle, this beach is on the coast of Candelaria, in the town it is named after.
There are not usually many people, except in summer, and even then it does not get crowded. Most swimmers are from the town or nearby, so you will find the atmosphere to be peaceful and welcoming.
It is easily accessible but watch out for the waves as they can get quite strong.
- Location: Candelaria.
- Length: 250 m (820 ft).
- Width: 20 m (65 ft).
- Composition: Shingle and black sand.
- Means of access: By car and on foot.
- Disabled access: Yes.
- Type of beach: Family friendly.
- Amenities: Tourist Information Office, waste bins.
- Parking facilities: Yes.
- Bus service: Yes (inter-city).
- Coordinates: 28° 20' 25.86'' N 16° 22' 0.34'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 366 034.26 Y: 3 135 682.77 H: 28.