If you love to see nature at its purest, you must visit the beach of Benijo. It boasts a unique landscape on the Island and fabulous views of the Roques de Anaga rock formations. Its sunsets are simply magical, especially when the glimmering sea contrasts with the red horizon and the dark outline of the volcanic rocks rising from the depths of the ocean.
Benijo is the most remote beach belonging to the town of Taganana (which also contains the beaches of El Roque de las Bodegas and Almáciga). To get there, you will have to walk along a path with steps. You can get reasonably close by car, and there are plenty of restaurants nearby to taste some typical Tenerife recipes.
Take extra care with the waves as they can be quite strong.
The beach is popular among nudists.
- Location: Taganana, Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- Length: 300 m (985 ft).
- Width: 30 m (100 ft).
- Composition: Black sand.
- Means of access: On foot (along a path with steps).
- Disabled access: No.
- Type of beach: Isolated.
- Amenities: Waste bins and municipal cleaning service.
- Parking facilities: Yes (less than 50 spaces).
- Bus service: Yes (inter-city).
- Coordinates: 28° 34' 33.65'' N 16° 11' 11.48'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 383 959.80 Y: 3 161 587.84 H:28.