Las Gaviotas Beach
The beach of Las Gaviotas is a symbol of freedom and of harmony with nature. Its location, which is isolated yet near to the capital, makes it the perfect place to get away from the hubbub of the city.
This beach, made of extremely fine black sand, stands at the foot of the cliffs of the Anaga mountain range, conferring it with an exotic and unique beauty.
It is easy to access by car and there is space to park right next the beach. Although the waves are not usually strong here, you should be extra careful depending on the condition of the water in order to avoid nasty surprises.
Nudism is accepted on this beach.
- Location: Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- Length: 250 m (820 ft).
- Width: 40 m (130 ft).
- Composition: Black sand.
- Means of access: By car.
- Disabled access: No.
- Type of beach: Isolated.
- Amenities: Waste bins and municipal cleaning service.
- Parking facilities: Yes (less than 50 spaces).
- Bus service: Yes (inter-city).
- Coordinates: 28° 30' 48.92'' N 16° 10' 32.82'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 384 942.31 Y: 3 154 660.85 H:28.
- Dogs: Not