Roque de las Bodegas Beach
Roque de las Bodegas is the largest and busiest beach in the area of Taganana. It is a combination of shingle, pebbles and black sand, and has a special charm about it thanks to its location at the foot of the cliffs of the Anaga mountain range. A number of restaurants have set up there to serve fresh fish.
This is the most family friendly beach in the area as its waves are generally more gentle than the nearby beaches of Almáciga and Benijo. Even so, we recommend you take extreme caution as the current is often strong and big waves swell unexpectedly.
After a dip, don't miss the chance to taste some "papas arrugadas" (wrinkly spuds) with spicy mojo sauce and some typical local fresh fish.
- Location: Taganana, Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- Length: 380 m (1,250 ft).
- Width: 45 m (150 ft).
- Composition: Rocks, shingle and black sand.
- Means of access: By car.
- Disabled access: No.
- Type of beach: Semi-urban.
- Amenities: Waste bins, municipal cleaning service, bars and restaurants.
- Parking facilities: Yes (less than 50 spaces).
- Bus service: Yes (inter-city).
- Coordinates: 28° 34' 11.31'' N 16° 12' 17.49'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 382 159.55 Y: 3 160 918.07 H:28.