Antequera is one of Tenerife's most remote beaches, just waiting to be discovered. It can only be reached along a rather rough trail or by sea. But it is worth the effort to take in the extraordinary scenery by the cliff of the Anaga mountain range, with the Antequera rock formation at the end.
The best way of getting there is to take one of the boat trips that set off from Santa Cruz and San Andrés. Access along the trail is quite tricky and you will need to be in good physical condition and reasonably experienced.
The beach is made of fine grey sand and the best time to come is at low tide when it is not covered by the sea.
It is popular among nudists.
- Location: Igueste de San Andrés, Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- Length: 400 m (1,300 ft).
- Width: 25 m (80 ft).
- Composition: Black sand.
- Means of access: On foot (rough) or by boat.
- Disabled access: No.
- Type of beach: Very isolated.
- Amenities: No.
- Parking facilities: No.
- Bus service: No.
- Coordinates: 28º 32' 06.999'' N 16º 07' 56.002'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 389 228.00 Y: 3 157 023.00 H:28.