Playa Chica Beach
If you are looking for an authentic spot in which to experience a true seaside experience, you must come to Playa Chica in El Médano. This bay with calm waters and golden sand shares its corner of the Island with a small fishing harbour that belongs to the town, making it a lively little place that us bursting with colour thanks to its many boats and their associated fishing equipment.
Running along the beach is a promenade that leads you on an adventure past the streets of this lovely town, with an array of restaurants, shops and cafés for you to stop at and enjoy a wonderful day.
- Location: El Médano, Granadilla de Abona.
- Length: 100 m (330 ft).
- Width: 15 m (50 ft).
- Composition: Black sand.
- Means of access: By car and on foot.
- Disabled access: Yes.
- Type of beach: Family friendly.
- Amenities: Showers, municipal cleaning service, waste bins, public phones and food and drink establishments.
- Parking facilities: Yes (50-100 spaces).
- Bus service: Yes, (inter-city, line 470).
- Coordinates: 28º 02' 38.740'' N 16º 32' 11.98'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 348 963.01 Y: 3 103 039.40 H: 28.