El Cabezo Beach
If you are mad about windsurfing and kitesurfing, this is the beach for you. Located in El Médano, in Granadilla de Abona, this beach is considered to be one of the best in Europe for this type of sports. It has hosted several international competitions of great renown, including the World Windsurfing and Kitesurfing Championships.
The beach is surrounded by a very surfy vibe and a whole array of specialised shops, as well as a water sports centre. If you love the sound and sight of the waves, sit down at the beach bar to enjoy some live music and privileged views of Montaña Roja.
- Location: El Médano, Granadilla de Abona.
- Length: 240 m (790 ft).
- Width: 80 m (260 ft).
- Composition: Sand and pebbles.
- Means of access: By car.
- Disabled access: No.
- Type of beach: Urban.
- Amenities: Municipal cleaning service, bars and a surf area.
- Parking facilities: Yes (50-100 spaces).
- Bus service: Yes (urban).
- Coordinates: 28º 02' 44.550'' N 16º 31' 59.83'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 349 296.95 Y: 3 103 213.84 H:28.