La Pelada Beach
If you have a passion for wild landscapes and waves, this is bound to be one of your favourite beaches. Made of fine volcanic sand, La Pelada is extremely popular among naturalists, who flock here to enjoy the privacy and feel at one with nature.
You can park up the car nearby and take a few minutes' walk down to the beach.
Because the beach is so isolated, we recommend you take extra care with the waves bearing in mind the condition of the water.
- Location: Granadilla de Abona.
- Length: 80 m (260 ft).
- Width: 20 m (65 ft).
- Composition: Black sand.
- Means of access: On foot (easy).
- Disabled access: No.
- Type of beach: Isolated.
- Amenities: No.
- Parking facilities: Yes (less than 50 spaces).
- Bus service: Yes (inter-city).
- Coordinates: 28° 03' 29.59'' N 16° 31' 17.98'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 350 456.95 Y: 3 104 585.4 H:28.