Playa Grande Beach
If you are looking for a relaxing time playing among the waves, Playa Grande is a beach you won't want to miss. This lovely beach made of fine sand is located near the town of El Porís and it is, without doubt, one of the best in the municipality of Arico.
Although the coast is a little gusty, it is worth spending time here when the tide is low, which is when the beach is at its most magnificent.
Playa Grande is rarely visited by tourists but does attract a great many locals from the surrounding area, especially in summer. You will find a small car park by the road.
The beach is not usually supervised so we recommend you take extra care with the waves, even though the current tends not to be too strong.
- Location: Arico.
- Length: 310 m (1,020 ft).
- Width: 62 m (205 ft).
- Composition: Pale sand.
- Means of access: On foot (easy) or by car.
- Disabled access: Yes.
- Type of beach: Quiet.
- Amenities: Waste bins.
- Parking facilities: Yes (less than 50 spaces).
- Bus service: Yes (inter-city).
- Coordinates: 28° 09' 10,410'' N 16° 25' 56.01'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 359 371.09 Y: 3 114 968.44 H:28.