The beach of Tajao, made of pebbles and black sand, is a great place for a refreshing dip, a sunbathe and an unbeatable gastronomical experience to finish off with at one the area's famous restaurants serving fresh fish.
The wind on the coast is quite strong but the sea is usually calm. Access is easy and you can park by the beach or on the nearby streets.
Beside it is a fishing port and a pier, conferring the village with a picturesque appearance.
The sea is generally free from strong currents and is reasonably safe, but watch out for the waves because there are no lifeguards.
- Location: Tajao, Arico.
- Length: 50 m (165 ft).
- Width: 25 m (80 ft).
- Composition: Pebbles and black sand.
- Means of access: On foot (easy).
- Disabled access: No.
- Type of beach: Urban.
- Amenities: Waste bins and public phones.
- Parking facilities: Yes (less than 50 spaces).
- Bus service: Yes (inter-city).
- Coordinates: 28° 06' 31,980'' N 16° 28' 17.72'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 355 446.58 Y: 3 110 138.84 H:28.