Puerto Santiago Beach
This beautiful beach with a traditional fishing village feel about it is located by the dock and promenade of Puerto Santiago. Because of its location, this sheltered little bay used to be one of the most important natural refuges on the west coast of Tenerife.
In winter, the beach does not get very busy, while in summer it is often buzzing as it is one of the locals' favourite spots.
Here, you can take a refreshing dip, sunbathe, and try some typical Canarian cuisine at the restaurants and taverns in the area.
And if you're lucky enough to come during the celebration of the San Juan bonfires and the religious service held at sea on Día del Carmen, get ready for an unforgettable show.
- Location: Santiago del Teide.
- Length: 50 m (165 ft).
- Width: 20 m (65 ft).
- Composition: Black sand.
- Means of access: On foot or by car.
- Disabled access: Yes.
- Type of beach: Urban.
- Amenities: Foot showers, showers, municipal cleaning service, waste bins and food and drink establishments.
- Parking facilities: Yes.
- Bus service: Yes, (inter-city, lines 473 and 493).
- Coordinates: 28º 14' 14.559'' N 16º 50' 33.292'' W.
- UTM coordinates: X: 319 214.00 Y: 3 124 874.00 H:28.