The old chapel of Nuestra Señora del Carmen
For years, this chapel was the only place of worship in Fasnia's district of La Zarza. Originally, all that stood here was an 18th century Station of the Cross, which was part of the Way of the Cross that devotees still walk along at Easter. It was not until 1909 that construction work began on the actual chapel, which stands adjacent to the Station of the Cross, with an unassuming exterior and white masonry walls. It has housed a statue of Nuestra Señora del Carmen since the early 19th century.