Plaza de España
This is the largest square in the city and it was built in 1929 where the castle of San Cristóbal used to stand. It lies in-between Calle del Castillo and the port, by Alameda del Duque de Santa Elena. The square was revamped recently by the architects Herzog & de Meuron to include a pond and several pavilions. Opposite the square are the offices of Tenerife's Regional Council.