Vilaflor has had its own little chapel since the mid 16th century. The current temple was built where the original one used to stand in the mid 17th century and is now the Church of San Pedro Apóstol. The church comprises a single nave with a Canarian-style Latin cross layout and Mudejar coffered ceilings. Amongst its most valuable pieces of artwork is the alabaster sculpture of San Pedro from the mid 16th century. Beside the church is the Santo Hermano Pedro Sanctuary, which is a place of pilgrimage that devotees flock to in order to worship the founding saint of the Bethlehemite Order in Guatemala. The sanctuary was built on the plot where the saint's parents lived, and it also has a monastery dedicated to that same religious order. The layout is rectangular with a single nave, where the remains of the old building can be seen in the stone doorways. Vilaflor's civil architecture includes buildings such as the home of the Soler family (the founders of the municipality), which is a traditionally Canarian 17th century house. Although it has undergone some refurbishment in recent centuries, many of the original features remain, such as the L-shaped layout, the porticoed corridor with stone columns, the magnificent wooden door and an old wine press. It also boasts an inner patio with a garden and several rooms that were used by the family members, the servants and the neighbours. The remains of an old water mill can also be visited. It was the first mill in Vilaflor, which was commissioned in 1644 and operated until 1915. Its arches are in good condition and much of the system that the water flowed through can still be seen, with little tanks and channels, as well as the structure that was used to grind the grain. Los Lavaderos is the building where the public wash basins were, which were used by the poorer families. This rectangular building contains rows of basins made of mill stones along the sides. It is part of the system of canals that were used to carry water all around the town.